2,100 new manufactured homes were sold in Ohio in 2006.
About 72 percent of the new manufactured homes sold in Ohio are multi-section, while the other 28 percent are single-section models.
Manufactured housing construction costs range from 10 to 35 percent less per square foot than site-built homes.
There are nearly 234,190 manufactured homes in the state of Ohio, an average of 2,661 manufactured homes per county.
Nationally in 2005, 66 percent of all new homebuyers put their homes in private property. The other 34 percent placed their homes in land-lease communities.
Source: Bureau of the Census
Average home square footage in 2005:
Single-section home - 1,050 square feet
Multi-section home - 1,725 square feet
Average home costs in 2005:
Single-section manufactured Home - $33,800
Multi-section manufactured Home - $68,600
Site-built Home – $297,000
Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census